Locations are representations of physical locations. A venue can be a single location or a venue can contain multiple locations (for example, each concession stand can be it's own location). This guide will explain how to create and edit Location settings.
Table of Contents
- Creating a Location
- Location Settings
Here you will create and manage settings that will control how your register will behave. Locations will control gratuity, discounts, payment options, and more, it is important to consider how many locations you will need. Below is an illustration of the relationship between Locations, Menus, and Items.
Locations are the top level of item organization. Each location can contain multiple menus.
Menus hold Items. In this example, we have one menu for drinks and one menu for food. Menus must be linked to a location for then to show up on the register. To learn more about Menus, click here.
Items are the base level of Bypass. Items must be linked to a menu to show up on a register. To learn more about Items, click here.
When logging into the register it will prompt for a location. If no default location is set you will see a screen that looks like this.
The Locations will control how receipts are printed, what payment options are available, what items are shown, and more.
Creating a Location
To create a Location navigate to POS Manager > Locations.
At the locations page, you can search for, edit, create and delete locations. To create a location click Create in the top right. When you click the Create button you will see a form appear on the right that looks like this.
In this guide we will go section by section of the location settings as seen on Manager.
- Location Name - The name of the Location. This is also how the Location name will appear on the register.
- Location Status - You can toggle a Location open or closed here.
Location Type - There are four location types:
- Commissary – Used for Suites, Pantries, and Premium locations.
- Concession – Used for general concession style order taking or any grab and go style location (Most Common).
- Restaurant - Used for table serving, restaurant style order taking.
- Vending Room - Used for sports vending operations (hawking), enables Vending mode. Click here for more information about Location Types.
- Default Transfer Source - Default Supplier or Warehouse Inventory is transferred from.
- Location Group - Used to get reporting data from a group of locations.
- Description - A description of the Location.
- Location Tags - Used to help organize locations.
- Surcharge Group - The Surcharge to apply to orders at the Location. (Often used in Suites locations) For more information about Surcharges, click here.
- Gratuity - Gratuity that is automatically apply to orders at the Location. (Often used in Suites locations or restaurants for parties of a certain size.) For more information about Gratuity, click here.
- Discount Group - What discounts are available for this Location. For more information about Discount Groups, click here.
- Validate Loyalty Card to Apply Promotions - Sets the default scanning between Promotions or Loyalty. For more information about Loyalty and Promotions, click here.
- Allow Custom Discounts - Allows the custom discount button to appear on the discounts pane.
Support In-seat delivery - Allow customers to use the Location for a delivery order.
Allow alcohol orders on consumer app- Enables legacy app functionality.
Payment Settings - Determine how your customers can pay for their order by adjusting the tender screen.
- Print Settings - Control what settings are used for printing and managing receipts.
- Print Receipts Twice - Print two receipts for a single transaction.
- Accept Digital Signatures - Allow the customer to sign the receipt on the register.
- Skip Printing Remote Orders - Prevent orders from printing a receipt to its fulfillment center.
- Allow Tips - Provide customers a place to add a tip to the receipt.
- Auto-print cash orders - Automatically print a receipt for every cash transaction.
- Auto-print credit orders - Automatically print a receipt for every credit transaction.
- Auto-print other orders - Automatically print a receipt for any other type of transaction.
- Enable email receipts - Allow customers the option to have their receipt emailed to them.
- Auto-print functionality and print receipts twice are not available on the Flex.
- Enable email receipts will only affect the Flex device, the Duo will always have the email receipt functionality on.
- Customers in Canada are not able to edit tips at the terminals, thus digital signatures are always on and receipts cannot print a blank tip line.
- Enable Cash Drawer Controls - Adds controls for opening the register (this is for USB plugged in cash drawers only).
- Show Location in Portables - Enables this Location to be used by mobile devices.
- Enable Item Barcode Scanning - Allows for SKU scanning on the register.
- Sever Station Auto-logout - Enables auto-logout after a period of inactivity. (only effects Sever Station)
- Automatic Logout Time Threshold - The amount of time in seconds before auto-logout occurs. (only effects Sever Station)
- Offline Credit Card Amount Limit (USD) - The highest amount per order allowed while offline.
- Signature Required Threshold - Lowest amount per order to prompt for a signature.
Here you can add any number of menus to this Location. Menus must already be created and have Items linked into the Menu for it to show up on the register. To add a Menu just type in the text box the name of the Menu and choose it from the drop-down list. You can also delete Menus by clicking the trash icon. Deleting a Menu in Location only deletes the Menu from the current Location. It does not delete the Menu from Manager.