Locations are representations of physical locations. This guide will explain how to create and edit Location settings.
Table of Contents
- Creating a Location
- Location Settings
Here you will create and manage settings that will control how your register will behave. Locations will control gratuity, discounts, payment options, and more, it is important to consider how many locations you will need. Below is an illustration of the relationship between Locations, Menus, and Items.
Locations are the top level of item organization, they can hold multiple menus.
Menus hold Items. In this example, we have one menu for drinks and one menu for food.
Items are the base level of Bypass.
When logging into the register it will prompt for a location. If no default location is set you will see a screen that looks like this.
The Locations will control how receipts are printed, what payment options are available, what items are shown, and more.
Creating a Location
To create a Location navigate to POS > Manager Locations.
At the locations page, you can search for, edit, create and delete locations. To create a location click Create in the top right. When you click the Create button you will see a form appear on the right that looks like this.
In this guide we will go section by section, starting with the first block.
- Location Name - The name of the Location. This is also how it will appear on the register.
- Location Status - You can toggle a location open or closed here.
- Location Type - There are four location types:
- Commissary – Used for Suites, Pantries, and Premium locations.
- Concession – Used for general concession style order taking (Most Common).
- Restaurant - Used for table serving, restaurant style order taking.
- Vending Room - Used for sports vending operations, enables Vending mode.
- Default Transfer Source - Default Supplier or Warehouse Inventory is transferred from.
- Location Group - Used to get reporting data from a group of locations.
- Description - A description of the Location.
- Location Tags - Used to help organize locations.
- Surcharge Group - The Surcharge to apply to orders at the Location. (Often used in Suites locations)
- Gratuity - Gratuity that is automatically apply to orders at the Location. (Often used in Suites locations.)
- Discount Group - What discounts are available for this Location.
- Validate Loyalty Card to Apply Promotions - Allow customers to use loyalty cards to apply promotions.
- Allow Custom Discounts - Allows the custom discount button to appear on the discounts pane.
Support In-seat delivery - Allow customers to use this Location for a delivery order; this can be ignored.
Allow alcohol orders on consumer app - Enables legacy app functionality, this can be ignored.
Payment Settings - Determine how your customers can pay for their order by adjusting the tender screen.
- Print Settings - Control what settings are used for printing and managing receipts.
- Print Receipts Twice - Print two receipts for a single transaction.
- Accept Digital Signatures - Allow the customer to sign the receipt on the register.
- Skip Printing Remote Orders - Prevent orders from printing a receipt to its fulfillment center.
- Allow Tips - Provide customers a place to add a tip to the receipt.
- Auto-print cash orders - Automatically print a receipt for every cash transaction.
- Auto-print credit orders - Automatically print a receipt for every credit transaction.
- Auto-print other orders - Automatically print a receipt for any other type of transaction.
- Enable email receipts - Allow customers the option to have their receipt emailed to them.
- Enable Cash Drawer Controls - Adds controls for opening the register.
- Show Location in Portables - Enables this Location to be used by mobile devices.
- Enable Item Barcode Scanning - Allows for SKU scanning on the register.
- Sever Station Auto-logout - Enables auto-logout after a period of inactivity. (only effects Sever Station)
- Automatic Logout Time Threshold - The amount of time in seconds before auto-logout occurs. (only effects Sever Station)
- Offline Credit Card Amount Limit (USD) - The highest amount per order allowed while offline.
- Signature Required Threshold - Lowest amount per order to prompt for a signature.
Here you can add any number of menus to this Location. Just type in the text box the name of the menu and choose it from the drop-down menu. You can also delete menus by clicking the trash icon.