Gratuity is a type of adjustment for setting the amount of money given to a person (such as an order taker) who has performed a service at a venue. Within Manager, this can be set at the venue or location level and can be manually or automatically applied to an order.
There are two main use cases for this feature, restaurants, and suites. In a restaurant, you can configure a location to have a manual fixed gratuity for parties of a certain size or more. This will allow the manager of the restaurant to apply gratuity to an order for a table that has a large party.
In suites, contracts between the suite holder and the venue often state a specific automatic tip to apply to every order. This can be configured as an automatic fixed gratuity that will apply to every order at that location.
To start managing your Gratuities, navigate to Configuration > Order Adjustments > Gratuities in Manager.
Create a Gratuity
To create a new Gratuity,
- Fill in the requested information in the fields at the top of the Gratuity section.
- For a list of definitions for the available fields, see the Gratuity fields definitions at the end of this article.
- Click the Add button to add the gratuity.
- Repeat if any additional Gratuity options are needed.
|NOTE: When adding a percentage-based gratuity, only whole numbers may be used. Percentages with a decimal are not allowed.|
Edit a Gratuity
To adjust a gratuity,
- In the list of gratuities at the bottom of the Gratuity page, click the Edit link to the right of the Gratuity to edit.
- Make the needed changes to the gratuity as needed.
- Click the Done button to the right.
|Gratuity Display Name||Name of the gratuity. (Name will also be displayed on the receipt.)|
|Apply Gratuity||Method in which gratuity should be applied to an order.|
|Custom||Allow entering of a custom amount. (Only available if Apply Gratuity is set to Manually.)|
|Amount||Amount of gratuity.|
|% / $||Unit of the gratuity. (Percentage or Dollar value.)|
Apply Gratuity values
|Automatically||Gratuity will automatically be added to all orders.|
|Manually||Gratuity only added when order taker uses the Gratuity button in Access.|