Items in Clover Sport Manager represent sellable items. When creating an Item, you can customize the items name, price, appearance, and more. This article will explain how to prepare Items to be sold.
- Creating an Item
- Item Details
- Tax Groups and Reporting Groups
- Inventory and Tracking
- Menus and Overrides
Items are the most basic building blocks of a menu. Items are stored in a menu and are organized by Menu Categories.
If you use Clover Sport inventory then Stock Items will be the lowest level of organization. For more information on Stock, Items click here.
Creating an Item
To begin creating a new Item,
1. Navigate to POS Manager > Menu Manager.
2. Click Create.
3. Select Item.
4. Fill out the following information. Click the links below to navigate to the section with more detail about the fields in that section.
- Item Details - Basic details like name and price
- Groups - The item's reporting and tax groups
- Inventory and Tracking - Connect recipes to items to track inventory (must have purchased inventory module)
- Modifier Groups - Modifiers allows items to have options. Ex.) A drink can have modifiers for small, medium, and large sizes
- Menus and Overrides - Add the item to a menu that will display on the Station Duo or Flex device at the Location the menu is attached to
The Item detail section appears at the top of the edit panel. The fields are as follows:
- Name - The name of the item as it will appear in non-customer facing areas. The Name of the item should be less than 30 characters. Whatever you type here will default to the Display Name unless you type something else into the Display Name.
Display Name - The name of the item as it will appear in Kiosk. The Display Name must be less than 30 characters.
- Note: The Display Name does not show up on the OCPO Portal. The OCPO Portal will display whatever the Name of the item is.
Type - The type of item controls how it functions on the Register
- Standard Item - Item with price
Weighted - Item with a price per ounce.
- After selecting the menu item type as Weighted, you will be prompted to enter your Default price per ounce and the Tare Weight.
- Weighted Items will show a price per ounce in the cart. The weight of the item will be the scale's weight minus the Tare Weight.
- Gift Card - Item that allows you to sell a stored-value gift card through our Bucks module
- Open Price - An Item that prompts you to input a price when tapped. Ex) a market price lobster whose price changes frequently
Image - The item Image will display in customer-facing areas
- Note: Clover Sport only supports Landscape images that are at least 880 x 495 resolution
Default Price - The default price the item will have when added to a menu
- Note: Changing the default price changes the item's price on all menus that it is currently added to
- Category - Where on the menu the item will be organized on the point of sale screen
- Weight - Allows you to record the weight of the item. This information is optional and does not display on the register or kiosk. Certain integrating partners will make use of this field.
- Description - The description of the item as it appears in customer-facing areas
- Alcoholic Item - Flags this Item as Alcoholic for use at the Kiosk. You may limit alcohol sales or turn them off at certain times on the Kiosk.
The above example shows that the 20oz Coffee will appear on the Register and in Clover Sport Manager as "20oz Coffee". On Kiosk, it will show up as its Display name as "Large Coffee."
Tax Groups and Reporting Groups
In the Groups section, you can add a Tax Group and a Reporting Group. It is important to ensure these are added to every item as the system will not prompt you to add them when you save a new menu item.
- The Tax Group automatically adds tax to the Item at check out. Learn more about Tax Groups here.
- The Reporting Group can sorts items in your sales reports into the group assigned to the item. Learn more about Reporting Groups here.
Inventory and Tracking
The Inventory and Tracking section shows the SKU and the Recipe fields.
- You can add the Item's SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) in the SKU field in order to scan items at a register or Kiosk. Certain integrating partners also use the SKU field.
- A Recipe is a collection of one or more stock Items used to track inventory for the menu item it is connected to. When creating or editing an Item, you can add an existing recipe to the Item here. To learn more about Recipes, click here.
Note: Inventory is only available for customer that purchases Clover Sport Inventory
Modifier Groups are collections of one or more modifiers that can adjust an Item. To add a Modifier Group, type the name of the Modifier Group in the text field.
When adding a Modifier Group If the Modifier Group exists, it will show up as you type. If the modifier group doesn't exist, then the field will prompt to create it. To learn more about Modifier Groups, click here.
Menus and Overrides
The Menus and Overrides section is where you attach the Item to an existing Menu.
1. Search for the name of the menu you want to attach to the Item and click it.
2. On the menu items detail page, you may change the price of the Item for this menu only and assign a Print Group. Print groups only need to be added if you are routing the items to a chit printer or a Kitchen Display System (KDS).
3. Click Done.