Locations are the top level of item organization. The register is attached to the location, via the default location setting, and controls how that register accepts payments, prints receipts, and more. Navigate to POS Manager > Locations to follow along.
Table of Contents
Here you will create and manage settings that will control how your register will behave. Locations will control gratuity, discounts, payment options, and more, it is important to consider how many locations you will need. Below is an illustration of the relationship between Locations, Menus, and Items.
Locations are the top level of item organization, they can hold multiple menus.
Menus hold Items. In this example, we have one menu for drinks and one menu for food.
Items are representations of menu items that can be sold.
When you click Create, a location details page opens on the right. The fields are as follows:
- Location Name - The name the location will be listed as in manager and on the register.
- Location Status - Toggle this location on or off.
- Location Type - Controls what features are available to this location.
- Default Transfer Source - Used for inventory transfers from a warehouse, this option chooses a default warehouse.
- Location Group - Attaches a location group to this location. Any locations in this group will show up in this group's report.
- Description - Short description of the current location.
- Location Tags - Add tags to locations to make them easier to search.
- Surcharge Group - Commonly multiple fees that are automatically applied to every order. Most commonly used in suites and premium areas. You can create surcharges under Configuration Order Adjustments Surcharges.
- Gratuity - Type of adjustment for setting the amount of money given to a person who has performed service at a venue. You can create gratuities under Configuration Order Adjustments Gratuity.
- Discount Group - Discounts can be made available at the tender screen if you attach a discount group. You can create a discount group under Configuration Order Adjustments Gratuity.
- Validate Loyalty Cards to Apply Promotions - If your business uses any loyalty program integration, you must enable this feature.
- Allow Custom Discounts - Enables the custom discount button. When pressed, a number pad will appear and will discount the total amount typed.
Payment and Checkout Settings
Payment settings will configure what payments will show up on the tender screen at checkout.
You can edit your different payment options by navigating to Configuration > Payment Configuration.
Receipt and Fulfilment Settings
Enabling Pickup Notifications allows you to let customers know when their order is ready.
- Enable cash drawer controls - Prevents the cashier from preforming another transaction while the cash drawer is open.
- Show Location in Portables Mode - Allows this location to be logged into a mobile device.
- Enable Item Barcode Scanning - Allows barcodes to be scanned. Useful if your items have a barcode attached to them.
- Server Station Auto-logout - If toggled on the register will automatically log off after a certain amount of time of inactivity.
- Automatic Logout Time Threshold - The amount of time of inactivity before the app logs out.
- Offline Credit Card Amount Limit - The credit card amount maximum allowed to be taken in offline mode.
- Signature Required Threshold - Dollar amount minimum to require a signature.
- Menus - Menus are a container for items. For items to show up on the register, the location has to have a menu. Click the drop-down to attach a menu to this location.
At the bottom of the Locations Edit panel is the Menus section. Here you can see and connected menus or add additional menus. You can also edit Menus by clicking on the pencil icon to the right of any attached menu.
You can also edit Menu Items inside of the Locations edit panel. Note that if you edit a Menu here it will affect all Locations with that Menu.