In Clover Sport Manager, you are able to enable and disable the tip screen on a location-by-location basis. Please note that this will enable tipping for all payment types designed for tips including Credit, Split Credit, Stored Value (if available and compatible with your integration), House Accounts, and Tabs. Custom tenders do not allow tipping. Please see the following article for information on how to process tips for Card on File payments.
- How to Enable and Disable Tips at a Location
- Example of the Tip Screen
- Accept Digital Signatures
- Accept Signatures on Printed Receipts
How to Enable and Disable Tips at a Location
To enable or disable tips in Clover Sport Manager, navigate to the Payment Settings in the Locations Page for the location you wish to edit. If the 'Allow Tips' checkbox is toggled on, customers will be presented with the opportunity to add a tip when paying. Toggling this checkbox off will disable the tip screen for customers.
Accept Digital SignaturesThis setting will allow for customers to tip on the Flex screen or the Duo customer facing display. We recommend this setting for your standard belly-up concessions stands and areas where speed of service is a focus.
Accept Signatures on Printed Receiptsthis setting in conjunction with enabling a printed receipt will allow for customers to write their tip amount on a receipt to be entered later. This is more typical in restaurant-style workflows. To learn how to add the tip from the receipt to a completed order, please visit this relevant article.
NOTE: If you plan to use the Accept signatures on printed receipts feature you will need to enable auto-print settings for all accepted payment types and disable email receipts.
Example of the Tip Screen
Once a tender option is selected the customer facing display will prompt the customer to proceed with the payment.
If the location allows for tips the customer facing device will prompt the customer with tip options. The tip will be taken from the selected tender.
How to Accept Tips at Your Venue without Prompting for a Digital Signature
If you want to accept digital tips at your venue, you must enable digital signatures.
1. Navigate to POS Manager > Locations.
2. Select the location where you would like to accept tips, but not digital signatures.
3. Scroll down to the Tips and Signatures section.
4. Make sure that Allow Tips is turned on.
5. Make sure that Accept Digital Signatures is turned on.
6. Input a high Signature Required Threshold amount so that any orders below that amount will not prompt the customer to digitally sign on the payment screen.
In the example below, the Signature Required Threshold is set to $500.00. All orders will allow for a tip but only orders totaling $500.00 or more will prompt the customer for their signature.