Modifiers allow items to have different adjustments. For example, a base item like Coffee can have modifications like Flavors (Vanilla, Mocha, or Caramel) or Cup Size (Small, Medium, or Large). This guide will explain how to make Modifiers and Modifier Groups.
Table of Contents
- Quick Overview
- Creating a Modifier Group
- Creating Modifiers
We can breakdown Modifiers into Modifiers and Modifier Groups.
Modifiers Groups are collections of similar Modifiers.
Example of a Modifier and Modifier Group
In the above example, one of the Modifier Groups is Additional Topping, and its Modifiers are Onion, Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, and Bacon.
Creating a Modifier Group
The Modifier Group is the container for modifiers. To create a Modifier Group, navigate to POS Manager > Menu Manager.
To create a new Modifier Group, click the Create button in the top right and chose Modifier Group.
Modifier Groups have the following details:
- Name - The name of the Modifier Group as it appears throughout Bypass
- Rules - Selection Rules control if the selection is required and how many selections are available
- Modifier Options - What Modifiers are attached to this Modifier Groups
Selection options can limit how users make modifier selections.
Selection Option can limit the selection amount. For example, if you create a Modifier group called Size, you would want to make the Modifier Group Single Selection. A Modifier Group for toppings might be Unlimited or limited to three selections.
Selection Required means that the item cannot be added to the cart without the modifier being selected.
Here you can add Modifiers to the Modifier Group. If the Modifier exists it will appear in the search results. If the Modifier doesn't exist yet you can create it in the pop-up.
If the Modifier already exists then it will appear as you type the name (Example on the left) but if it does not exist then you can create it right in the search bar (Example on the right).
When adding a Modifier to a Modifier Group a prompt will ask for the following:
- Name - Name of the Modifier as it will appear on the register
- Price - Any additional price for the modifier (This price can be zero)
- Quantity - How many base units this modifier uses (For more information on Inventory click here)
Repeat this process for all Modifiers for this Modifier Group. You can also create the Modifiers and later bulk add them to the Modifier Group. To learn more about that process continue reading below.
Modifiers are the options that can enhance an item. If you are new to Bypass and have not made a Modifier Group yet we recommend reading the first part of this article.
Modifiers have the following details:
- Name - How the modifier will appear on the register
- Price - If there is a price connected to this modifier. There does not have to be a price
- Inventory Tracking - If you are using in inventory tracking you can add a stock item to this modifier. More info in the BOH configuration guide
Bulk Adding Modifiers to Modifier Groups
On the Modifiers Page, you can bulk add existing Modifiers to the same Modifier Groups. Check the box to the left side of the Modifier.