Specific features within the Bypass Software are unavailable to venues outside of the United States. Canadian businesses might notice some workflows might behave differently on their devices than described in this knowledge base.
Full Disabled Feature List
- Editing Tips after the fact - The edit tip button in Access is disabled
- Entering Paper Tips - The edit tip button in Access is disabled
- Tab with Card Payments - Tab with Card is not an option on the payment settings section of the location
- Adding a Card on File - The card on file section of a Suite account is hidden
- Paying with a Card on File - Card on file is not an option in the payment settings section of the location
- Selling Gift Cards - The gift card item type is disabled in the item creation screen
- Retrying Payments - Retrying payments are disabled on Manager
- Refunding an order from Manager - Refunding an order is disabled on Manager
- Line item refunds - Line item refunds are not supported
Impacted Functionality for Canada
Interac Debit requires merchants to process payments online. As a result, Offline Mode will not be supported in Canada.
Require Card to be Present
Canadian card networks require credit cards to be present for all transactions. Meaning card authorization after transactions or capture against stored card data is unavailable. As a result, some features have been disabled. (Failed credit card payments cannot be voided without the card present)
Refunding an order
When you refund an order, you’ll now be required to insert the card into the customer facing display for the refund (Refunding line items is also disabled.) As such, refunding orders from Bypass Manager is impossible.