The Sales Terminal has many built-in features and configuration options. The amount of information available can be a little overwhelming for new users. This guide is designed to show a lightweight version of all the key information needed to start using the register. You can print out this guide or read digitally to click on the related links to find more information on a topic.
Table of Contents
To sign into the terminal, there must be an Employee login. Enter the appropriate login information or swipe a Bypass Employee Card. Click here to learn how to create an Employee and an Employee Card.
If a default Location is not enabled, then the terminal will ask for a Location. To learn more about how to Log In, click here.
After logging in, you will see the Home Screen. Here you can navigate to different Bypass apps. You can return to this page at any time by tapping the Home button at the bottom center.
- Stand Manager - Track and edit standsheets for inventory
- Expeditor Mode - Track orders and alert guest when they are ready
- Kiosk - Customer facing self-service register
- Orders - List of all orders taken
- Register - Cashier facing register
- And more depending on the needs of your business
The Register Screen is organized into a Cart, a Menu, and the Menu Categories. Tap on an item to add it to the Cart. Tap on items in the cart to edit them. To tender out the order, tap Checkout.
Tapping Checkout will show the Tender Screen. This screen is configured by the Locations Payment Settings, so your screen might look different from the above example. Tap on the Payment type and follow the on screen instructions to tender out the order.
The Order Screen will display the current user's orders. Using the navigation bar on the left, you can view:
- Offline Orders - Orders taken while in Offline Mode
- Completed Orders - Orders that have been tendered out and payment has been synced
- Open Tabs Orders - Orders that are paid with a Tab and not yet completed
- Refunded Orders - Orders that have been refunded
- Voided Orders - Orders that have been voided
- Failed Orders - Orders that could not be completed
It is important to log out after every use. Failure to log out could affect reporting and payment collection.
To log out, tap the logout button at the top right corner of the Home Screen.
Unsynced offline orders will prevent a logout. The error message You have x offline order(s) in your queue will appear. Press 'OK' to continue will stop any logout attempts to prevent the loss of orders. You will need to sync offline orders from the orders page. Click here for instructions: Syncing Offline Orders.