This article will explain how to use Tabs on a Flex. For more information about how to enable Tabs as a payment setting, click here.
Table of Contents
Using Tabs in the Orders Page on a Flex
To view and edit an existing tab, tap the word Tabs.
When viewing a tab, you can:
- Edit the tab name
- Add items to the tab
- Void individual items or the whole order
- Print the receipt
- Close out the tab
Starting a New Tab on the Flex
1. Once enabled, the Tab will appear on the tender screen. To start a tab, tap on Tab as the form of payment and a window will pop up.
2. Select Create New Tab to start a new tab.
3. Insert the card into the chip reader on the bottom of the Flex. Inserting a card will capture the cardholder's name on the card to start the tab.
Note: If you use the tap feature rather than inserting the chip, the cardholder's name will not capture and you will need to edit the tab name.
4. To edit the name on an existing Tab, tap the word TABS on the top bar.
Click the name on the Tab that you want to edit. Hit the pencil to edit the name.
Type in the cardholder's name from the front of the card & hit Save. You will see the Tab has been updated with the pop-up message (see below) and you will see the name has changed on the Tab.
Adding an Item to an Existing Tab
1. Go to the Orders page and tap on the existing tab that you want to add an item to.
2. Click the green Add to Tab button. This will bring up the menu for you to select the items you want added to the Tab.
3. Once the items are in the cart, proceed to the cart and select the gray Add to Tab button.
Printing an Open Order on a Tab
1. Open the tab you want to print. Select the printer next to the order number.
2. The payment will show $0.00 on the receipt because the tab is still open.
Voiding a Line Item or Order on an Existing Tab
1. Find the Tab that you want to void the item or order by navigating to the Tabs page.
2. To void a line item, touch the yellow Void button under the item name.
Enter the void quantity and hit submit.
3. To void an order, navigate to the Tab and select the gray Void Order button.
Closing an Order on a Tab
To close an open tab on a Flex, the cardholder must present their credit card twice. Once to open the tab and again to close the tab.
1. Navigate to the Tab that you want to close out and select the green Close Tab button.
2. On the checkout screen, select the gray Credit button.
Note: If you are closing this tab with a tip, you must process this using the credit button.
3. The tip window will pop up and prompt the customer to add a tip.
4. Once the transaction has been processed, you will see the order has gone from Open to Closed in the Orders page