Suite customers may want to split the Suite amongst 2 or more people at the end of the night and also use a Custom Tender to pay for part of their order, such as a voucher offered by your venue. The following steps explain how to split checks and apply a Custom Tender to each check. Please note: this example splits checks evenly, but you can also split checks by assigning items to the appropriate checks and apply a Custom Tender to each.
1. Navigate to the Orders page on the register and click on the Order you would like to split.
2. Click Split Checks.
3. Click Split Check Evenly or follow the steps here to create multiple checks with assigned items.
4. Select the number of people you would like to split the check by. In this example, we will split the check 2 ways.
5. Click the check you would like to close out. In this example, we selected Check 1.
6. Click Pay Check.
7. On the checkout screen, click the Custom Tender you would like to use. In this example, it is named Clover Sport Voucher.
8. Enter the value of the Custom Tender if it is not a preset amount. In this example, the voucher amount is $100, but we are applying it to the two separate checks. Each customer will receive $50 off their order.
9. Finish closing out the check by paying for the remaining balance with another payment method such as cash or credit.
10. Pay the remaining check by repeating steps 5-9.
11. When all checks have been paid for, navigate to the Orders page and click Completed.
12. Click the completed order.
13. A summary of the Payment Methods can be found on the right. Scroll with your finger to see all of the Payment Methods. Tips are also displayed here.
14. From here, you also have the option to email or print the receipts.