Event Templates allow you to set default settings for recurring events to make it quicker to create events that have the same settings.
Create a New Event Template
1. Navigate to Configuration > Event Settings > Event Templates.
2. Click Create.
3. Fill out the following details:
- Event Template Name - The name of the event template.
- Event Type - A filter that allows you to group events by Type in Reports. Learn how to make Event Types here.
- Make sure to leave 4-6 hours before and after the actual event times, which allows for any prep or closing to be recorded under the event.
- If you are accepting cash payments, you may want to set up Cash Room. Event Start and End time - Set the event time frame and select all locations that will be utilized during the event.
- Mobile Ordering Fulfillment Time - The window that allows mobile orders to be placed.
- All Locations: Event utilizes all Locations.
- Select Locations: Event utilizes only some Locations.
Location Starting Banks
Event Templates allows for locations to be set with pre-set cash amounts called Starting Banks.
1. To set up Starting Banks, click Select Locations.
2. Next to each Location, click Edit (pencil icon) to adjust the starting bank.
3. Input the denominations of each bill and coin that you would like in the starting bank. You must input by multiples of that denomination. For example, you can input $300 in the Hundreds section, but not $325.
When creating the event these totals will be imported and edited inside of the event as well as Cash Room.
4. Select one of the following:
- Track by Terminal: The Starting Bank will be applied to every terminal that is associated with that location.
- For example, if the Starting Bank is set to $200, it will apply $200 to every device that you use at that location for the Event. You will track each individual cash drawer's cash.
- Track by Location: The Starting Bank will be applied to the location as a whole.
- For example, if the Starting Bank is set to $200, it will apply $200 to the location as a whole. You will not track the individual cash drawer's cash.