Cash Room is a tool that allows you to keep track of cash sales during your Events. Before using this feature you will need to have configured your Events and Cash Room settings. More info can be found in the Setting up Cash Room article.
Table of Contents
Cash Room Overview
Once your event has started, you will need to open the tills for the event. This usually is opened when the first cash sale at one of your Terminals is made but it is helpful to use the Open Tills button to confirm that all Locations and Terminals are active in your event. Also, notice that after the Event starts the button will then read Update Tills, which will then update this view to reflect any cash drops and cash sales during your event. Here are a few things to keep in mind in the overview page:
- Choose the correct Event from the dropdown list
- View your Location(s) and Terminals for this event
- View your Starting Bank for each Location and Terminal (notice that you can adjust this amount before and during an Event if necessary)
- Current Cash Drops that have been processed
- Cash in Till, which is the total amount of cash that Till should have (Cash Sales + Start Bank - Cash Drops)
- The total amount expected to be collected at the end of the event. This will show red because the system will assume the cash will still need to be collected at the end of the Event.
Notice that I have an Expected Amount of $116.24. This is the combined total of my Starting Bank ($100) and a cash sale ($16.24) made during my Event.
At any point during your Event you have the option of using Cash Drops if you prefer to transfer your cash from the tills over to a deposit box or banks. To make sure the system reflects this activity you want to navigate to the Cash Drops button in the Overview page and complete these steps:
- Notice that each time you do a drop will be logged as a Round
- Confirm the Location
- Confirm the Terminal (if applicable)
- Enter Cashier name (optional)
- Enter all Cash being dropped
- Enter Coins separately (optional)
- Enter any other Cash Media Types
- Then click Add Drop
Cash Drop from the Device
If you are tracking cash drops by terminal, you will be able to enter drops directly from your device.
- From the Access home screen, tap on Stand Manager.
- When prompted, enter a Manager PIN.
- Click on Till on the left navigation.
- Tap the Enter Cash Drop button.
- Enter the amount of the drop in the calculator prompt that appears.
- Tap the Submit button to save the drop.
Table of Contents
Reconciling your Cash Room
Your last Cash Drop of the Event for each device should include your Starting Bank as well, otherwise the Over/Short total will remain in the red. In order for the reports to reconcile all cash, including starting banks and cash received via sales, you must enter that total via one or more Cash Drops before closing out the all Event activities.
In the scenario pictured above, I am closing out my Event so I did a Cash Drop with my Starting Bank ($100) and my Cash Sales ($16.24) for a total of $116.24. This brought my Over/Short total to $0, which means I have successfully reconciled my Cash Room.
|Till||A virtual representation of either a location or terminal (depending on the type of tracking) that keeps track of the cash drops, starting bank, and cash sales in order to balance at the end of the night.|
|Starting Bank||The starting amount of money that is provided from the cash room to the location in order to be able to make change.|
|Denomination||A generic term referring to either a bill (eg. $5, $10, $20) or a coin (eg. Quarter, Nickel, etc)|
|Cash In Till||This is the expected amount minus any drops made already for that location/terminal
Calculation: (Expected Amount - Dropped Amount)
|Expected Amount||The amount the cash room should expect to have counted at the end of the night for that till
Calculation: (Cash Sales + starting bank)
|Over/Short||The difference between the expected amount and the counted cash (all the cash drops)
Calculation: (Dropped Amount - Expected Amount)
|Round||A round is an arbitrary separation of cash drops. This is typically used to represent pickup cycles (1 round for each time they go to the stands to pick cash up)|
|Location||The location that the cash in this drop is from|
|Terminal||The terminal at the location that this cash drop is from (Optional)|
|Cashier||A free-form text entry field that allows a user to record the person who counted the cash in the cash room. This appears on the Summary section of the cash drops (Optional)|
|Cash||In dollars, the value of bills that are a part of this drop.|
|Coins||In dollars, the value of coins that are a part of this drop|
|Other||In dollars, the value of all other denominations that have been tracked. This is commonly used to track coupons, vouchers, venue bucks, and other cash media types.|