Bypass allows a venue to create groupings of discount offerings and assign them to specific locations or the whole venue. Additionally, these discounts can be tracked in reports and the number of discount applications and the amount applied can be reported upon.
To start managing your Discount Groups, navigate to Configuration > Order Adjustments > Discounts in Bypass Manager.
Managing Discounts in Bypass Manager
Create a Discount Group
To create a new Discount Group,
- Click the New Discount Group button in the upper-right.
- Enter a Name to describe the group of discounts.
- (optional) Enter a Description of the group.
Creating a new group of discounts
Any number of discount options can be added to the group. To start adding discounts, fill in the fields provided in the Discounts section.
- Discount name - A friendly name for the discount
- Amount - The amount of the discount
- %/$ - Select the unit of the discount (percentage or dollars)
- Click the Add button to add the discount.
- Repeat if any additional discounts need to be added to the group.
|NOTE: When adding a percentage-based discount, only whole numbers may be used. Percentages with a decimal are not allowed.|
Once all the information has been filled out, click the Save Discount Group button.
Adding discounts to a Discount Group
Edit a Discount Group
If you ever need to make any changes to a Discount Group, click the Edit link to the right of a Discount Group.
After making any changes, click the Save Discount Group button.
Edit a Discount within a Discount Group
To adjust a discount,
- Click the Edit link to the right of a Discount Group.
- In the list of Discounts at the bottom, click the Edit link to the right of the Discount to edit.
- Make the needed changes to the Name or Amount as needed.
- Click the Done button to the right.
- Click the Save Discount Group button to save the changes.
Editing a Discount in a Discount Group
|Discount Name||Name of the discount. (Name will also be displayed on reports, Discount button in Access, and the receipt.)|
|Amount||Amount of discount.|
|% / $||Unit of the discount. (Percentage or Dollar value.)|