Create tax groups to automatically add the correct rates to all your items.
To get started with creating Taxes navigate to Configuration > Order Adjustments > Taxes.
You can create and manage tax groups on this page. Tax Groups are applied to individual menu items that belong to a menu that is tax inclusive. To Create a Tax Group click the New Tax Group button in the top right.
Fill out the following (Starting from the top left):
1. Tax Group Name - This is the name of the tax group. This is the name you will see when we attach this Tax Group to an item.
2. Description - Add a description of this Tax Group if needed.
3. Add the Tax Rates:
a. Tax Rate Name - The Name of the Tax Rate.
b. Receipt Label - The name the Tax will appear on the receipt.
c. Tax Rate % - The percentage of Tax added to the total.
Repeat these steps as needed to add as many Tax rates as you need. You can always delete the Tax Rate by clicking the Delete button.
Find the item you want to add a tax group to and click the Edit button.
Click on the Tax Group box and select the appropriate tax group for the item.
To mass assign a tax group:
1. Select items by clicking the box next to their name.
2. Click the blue ACTIONS button.
3. Click Set Tax Group button.
4. Choose your tax group from the drop-down.
Repeat this process for all the different tax groups you have.