Creating events in Manager allows you to manage and control money and Inventory around all of your terminals and Locations. Events are also great for getting important Reporting information during Event times.
Create an Event
1. To create an Event, navigate to Events > Events on the sidebar.
2. On the Events page, you will see all events in a calendar view. To create an Event, you can either hover over a date and click the blue Create or click the green Create in the top right.
3. When creating an Event, you can start from scratch with a blank Event or create one from a template. To learn how to create an Event template, click here.
- (Required) Event Name - The name Bypass will list the Event in Bypass and on the terminal.
- (Optional) Event Type -The type of Event
- (Required) Start Time - When the Event will be able to be started on the terminal
- (Required) End Time - When the terminal will stop tracking transactions for the Event
- (Required) Mobile Ordering Fulfilment Start Time - When mobile ordering will begin taking orders
- (Required) Mobile Ordering Fulfilment End Time - When mobile ordering must
- Events should not be longer than 24 hours
- If an Event needs to be longer than 24 hours (e.g. a multiple-day festival), each day should have its own Event
- Locations - List of all locations that will have access to this event. Concurrent events can not use the same locations.
- Starting Bank (Pencil Icon) - You can set what bills and coins this location or terminal starts with.
After filling out all the Event details click Save in the top right corner.
- Event details can be edited later, even after the Event starts.
- Two Events cannot occur at one time at a Location.
- You cannot delete an Event. If an Event is created incorrectly you can move it to a date in the past.
When an employee logs into a terminal, they can choose from any available Events. If you have the terminal set to a Default Location, the terminal will default to the soonest Event available in the calendar.
Filter by Event in Reports
1. Navigate to Reports > Sales.
2. Select the Date that the event was on. If the event went past midnight, it is best to choose the filter is on or after the date of the event.
3. Select the Event you would like to see sales for. Events will default to alphabetical order.
- Pro tip: Add the date to the Event Name when creating the event so that you don't lose track of which one you want to select in the filter option.
4. Click the circular arrow Reload button to apply the filter. To remove the filters, click the overflow menu (3 dots) and click Reset Filters.
Read more about Filtering Reports here.