Roles are designed to grant or prevent access to different sections of Bypass Manager such as Locations, Inventory, and/or Reporting.
In some scenarios, Bypass Manager users need certain restrictions that prevent them from accessing certain sections. Roles are designed to grant or prevent access to different sections of Bypass Manager such as Locations, Inventory, and/or Reporting.
Roles can be found under the Labor section in the Manager navigation bar on the left.
Roles provide the ability to allow and restrict access to Administrators and Employees.
Creating a New Role
- Click the Create button in the upper-right of the Roles page. This will open the Create Role panel.
- Type in a name for the Role into the Role Name field.
- Follow the directions in the Assigning Permissions to a Role section of this article to apply any permissions.
- Click the Save button at the top to create the role.
To create a new role, click the Create button at the top of the Roles page.
To simplify managing levels of access across all Bypass platforms, Roles can be assigned to both Administrators (Venue) and Employees (POS). Only Administrators can log in to Bypass Manager and only Employees can log in to Access and Anywhere.
Permissions can be disabled for a group (bold text) or an individual permission by clicking the toggle to the Off (left) position.
For more information on the various permissions you can assign to Administrators and Employees, check out the article Roles and Permissions.
Assigning a Role to an Administrator or Employee
For details on assigning a Role to an Administrator account in Manager, see the article Creating and Managing Administrators.
For assignment of Roles to Employee accounts, review the Creating and Managing Employees article.
Editing a Role
If any point you need to edit the permissions of a role, you can edit it.
- In the list of Roles, click the Pencil icon () to the right of a Role.
- Follow the directions in the Assigning Permissions to a Role section of this article to update any permissions.
- Click the Save button at the top of the panel to save any changes.