To begin tracking counts on hand, a warehouse has to receive the inventory. There are multiple supported workflows, including creating purchase orders and receiving them, receiving without purchase order creation, and keg returns. (Note this feature is only available with perpetual inventory)
Table of Contents
To start a purchase order, navigate to Inventory > Purchasing & Receiving.
Receiving with a Purchase Order
Here you will see all previous purchase orders, and you can organize and filter here to know what you need to.
NOTE: Bypass does not automatically send Purchase Orders to your Suppliers. You will still need to contact your Supplier to place your order.
To create a purchase order, click the Create Purchase Order button.
Bypass can generate a purchase order with the following details:
- PO # - Purchase order number. Can be auto-generated starting with 1 and increases from that point forward.
- Ship by - Date this order will be shipped.
- Supplier - What supplier this purchase order is for. You can learn more about Creating a Supplier here.
- Shipping Method - Either Air or Freight.
- Terms - (Optional) What terms the agreement will be.
- Invoice # - (Optional) you can put the invoice number here if applicable.
- Destination - What warehouse these items will be going to. Learn more about Warehouse Creation here.
- Notes - Any notes for this purchase order.
Scroll to the bottom of the screen to begin adding items to the purchase order.
Add items by typing the name of the stock item in the search field. Any created inventory item will appear as you type. Click on it to add the item to the requested list.
Each item placed have the following details:
- Return - changes the estimated cost to a negative value and removes it from inventory. (typically used for kegs).
- QTY - The quantity of this item in this purchase order.
- UOM - The Unit of Measure tracked for this item. In this example, we are purchasing two cases.
- Cost - This field will default to the last cost it was listed. Type in this field to adjust this amount.
- Est. Cost - The estimated cost of this item (QTY x Cost).
You can always save this purchase order as a draft by clicking the Save & Finish Later button to save this order as a draft.
Once you are finished with your purchase order, you can click the Submit button, and it will change to a submitted state.
Once a purchase order is submitted, it will stay in the submitted state until it is received. Once received, return to this page and click the Receive button on the right-hand side.
Any inconsistencies can be adjusted here. Any greyed out fields cannot be edited. Requested items are listed on the left and the received items on the right.
Click Close & Receive Items to submit any items in the received section.
If for any reason you need to delete or start over your purchase order, you can always delete or undo a purchase order. Undoing a purchase order will remove any inventory that was added from the warehouse it was added.
Receiving Without a Purchase Order
A Warehouse can receive items directly using the Receive Without Purchase Order button. This process is similar to the last step of Receive With a Purchase Order.
Click on Receive Without Purchase Order.
Fill out the purchase order information as needed. At the bottom of the screen, type the names of the items you have received and adjust their quantities and units of measure. When finished, click the green Receive Items button. The Warehouse will receive the stock items selected.