To begin tracking counts on hand, a warehouse has to receive the inventory through a Purchase Order in Clover Sport Manager. There are multiple supported workflows, including creating purchase orders and receiving them, receiving without purchase order creation, and returning items.
Note: Purchase Orders are only available with purchase of the perpetual Inventory module.
- Best Practice
- Create a Purchase Order
- Receiving Without a Purchase Order
- How to Return Items on a Purchase Order
Keeping your Purchase Orders up to date is important for preventing your Inventory Status (displays counts at each warehouse) from going into the negatives. It is also important to transfer your inventory from the Warehouse into your locations to prevent those locations from going into negative counts.
Create a Purchase Order
1. Navigate to Inventory > Purchasing & Receiving. Here you will see all previous purchase orders, and you can organize and filter here to know what you need to.
- Note: Clover Sport does not automatically send Purchase Orders to your Suppliers. You will still need to contact your Supplier to place your order.
2. Click Create Purchase Order.
3. Input the following information:
- PO # - Purchase order number. If you check Auto generate P.O. # a number is auto-generated starting with 1 and increasing from that point forward.
- Ship by - Date this order will be shipped (cannot be in the past).
- Supplier - What supplier this purchase order is for. Click here to learn more about Creating a Supplier.
- Shipping Method - Either Air or Freight.
- Terms - (Optional) What terms the agreement will be.
- Invoice # - (Optional) you can put the invoice number here if applicable.
- Destination - What warehouse these items will be going to. Click here to learn more about Creating a Warehouse.
- Notes - Any notes for this purchase order.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to begin adding items to the purchase order.
4. Add items by typing the name of the stock item in the search field. Any created Stock Item will appear as you type.
5. Click the stock item to add it to the list.
Each item placed have the following details:
- Return - changes the estimated cost to a negative value and removes it from inventory. (typically used for kegs). See Section How to Return Items on a Purchase Order to do this.
- QTY - The quantity of this item in this purchase order.
- UOM - The Unit of Measure you are purchasing for this item. In the example above, we are purchasing two cases.
- Cost - This field will default to the last cost that was used to purchase this item. Type in this field to adjust this amount.
- Est. Cost - The estimated cost of this item (QTY x Cost).
6. Do one of the following:
- Save this purchase order as a draft by clicking the Save & Finish Later button.
- Click Submit, and it will change to a submitted state.
7. Once a purchase order is submitted, it will stay in the submitted state until it is received. Once received, return to this page and click Receive on the right-hand side.
Any inconsistencies can be adjusted here. Any greyed out fields cannot be edited. Requested items are listed on the left and the received items on the right.
8. Click Close & Receive Items to submit any items in the received section.
Can I delete a Purchase Order?
If for any reason you need to delete or start over your purchase order, you can always delete or undo a purchase order. Undoing a purchase order will remove any stock items on that Purchase Order from the Warehouse.
Receiving Without a Purchase Order
A Warehouse can receive items directly using the Receive Without Purchase Order button.
1. Click Receive Without Purchase Order.
2. Follow the same steps 3-5 from above for creating a purchase order.
3. Click Receive Items. The Warehouse will receive the stock items selected.
How to Return Items on a Purchase Order
To return items on a purchase order, such as a Keg Return, you must deactivate tracking Cost Queues for that Stock Item.
1. Navigate to Ingredients > Stock Items.
2. Search for the Stock Item you would like to return.
3. Click the check box next to Don't track cost queue. In doing so, you are able to return this item on a Purchase Order. You can always uncheck it after doing your return.
4. Navigate to Inventory > Purchasing and Receiving.
5. Click Create Purchase Order and fill out the information in the fields.
6. Search for the item you would like to return and add it to the P.O.
7. Click the check box under the Return column.
8. Adjust the Quantity, Unit of Measure, and Cost to the appropriate amounts.
- Notice that the Estimated Cost is a negative number.
9. Click Submit.
10. Click view to open the Purchase Order and click Close and Receive Items.
11. Navigate to Inventory > Inventory Status.
12. Click on the Warehouse that held this stock item. You will notice that the count has depleted by the number of items you returned.
Before returning keg (current count = 20):
After returning keg (current count = 19):
Print or Download a Purchase Order
Click View next to the Purchase Order you would like to open.
To print a Purchase Order, click Print.
To download the Purchase Order as a PDF, click Download.
Here is an example of a printed Purchase Order for a keg return: