The Orders page contains a record of all orders places through your venue. This article will explain how to use the Orders page.
Table of Contents
- Action Needed Orders
- Open Orders
- Finalized Orders
All orders from all devices will show up on the orders page.
1. To navigate to the Orders page, click on the Orders button on the side navigation bar.
2. You can switch between different order types by clicking the top navigation bar. Orders are organized into three sections: Action Needed, Open, and Finalized orders.
3. You can click on the Order Types at the to top change the currently displayed Order Type. You can then search the displayed Orders or sort them.
An Orders Type is controlled by the Order State:
Open: Orders that have not been paid.
Closed: Orders that have been settled via payment.
Voided: Open orders where the transaction has been voided.
Refunded: Closed orders that were refunded to the customer.
Partial Refund: Closed order that has at least one item refunded.
Failed: Orders that were captured offline then the payment was declined after recovering from an offline state
1. Clicking on an order will display information about the Order Details, Items, and Payments.
1. There are two ways of sharing finalized orders as a Digital Receipt.
Note: Clicking Print Receipt will display a printable PDF.
2. Clicking on Send Receipt will allow you to email or text the receipt. Texting receipts are only available for US and Canadian numbers.
Clicking on Search will display the search/filter window. Here you can search by Credit Card information, Date Ranges, and more. The default timeframe for searched orders is the last seven days.
Action Needed Orders
Action Needed shows failed orders. Failed orders are orders that failed to collect payment. These orders will need to be written off, or the transaction will need to be re-run (possibly needing to contact the customer.) These orders are most often caused by failed payments captured while running in Offline Mode.
Open Orders displays orders that have been created and have not been closed out yet. Make a habit of checking this page as part of your closing procedures.
1. If any Open orders exist, find that terminal and close it to avoid having to void the order. For more information about the Terminals Order Screen, click here.
2. Open Orders can also be written off.
Finalized orders consist of Closed, Refunded, and Voided Orders.
Clicking on an order will allow you to: refunded closed orders, change the order taker, print a receipt, or email or text a receipt to a customer.