If you start a tab or a tab no card, you are able to split checks and assign exact items to individual checks from one tab. This article outlines the steps to assign items and split checks on the terminal.
How to Split Checks by Item for an Open Tab
1. Go to the Orders page into the Open Tabs section and click on the open tab that you would like to close out.
2. Click on the Split Checks button.
3. Click on the New Check button to add as many checks as you want to split the order into. In this example, I will split the Table Check into 3 separate checks.
4. Click on the item that you want to reassign to a new check.
5. Click on the check you would like to move that item to.
6. You can adjust the quantity of the item you want to assign to the check. In this example, I will move just one of the Whiskeys to Check #2 so I will click on the red minus sign button.
7. Repeat step 6 until all items are assigned to the checks. When you are ready for close out a check that has the desired items added to it, click on the check and then click on the Pay Check button.
8. You will be brought to the check out screen. Click on the payment tender you would like to close the order with. In this example, I will close to a credit card.
9. The transaction will process once the employee swipes, taps, or inserts the card.
10. Once you have assigned all items to the checks and paid the checks, you will see them turn green and say "Paid." When the last check has been paid, you will return to the register screen. In the picture below, I have only paid Check 2 so the order is still open ad there is a remaining balance on Check 1 and Check 3.
11. When all checks have been paid, the order will close and move from the Open Tabs section to the Completed Orders section. The status of the order is now closed.
12. Clicking on the closed order will give you a summary of the payments and amounts paid on the order.
How to Reset Checks
1. If you would like to undo all changes and reset the split checks back into the original Table Check, please click on the RESET CHECKS button on the top-right corner of the screen.
2. You will receive a warning informing you that all checks will be reset back to the original Table Check. Please click OK if you would like to proceed. Note that any additional checks created will be deleted and all items will return to the original Table Check.