With Remote Fulfillment, you can use a terminal to remote fulfill orders. This guide details the configurations needed to set up a terminal as a cloud fulfillment device.
Note: Enabling remote fulfillment is required to print orders in the Kitchen from Kiosk, Anywhere, or Mobile/Partner orders.
Table of Contents
- Enable Remote Fulfillment for the Location
- Enable Remote fulfillment on the Register(s)
- Configure Print Devices
To enable a Terminal to process Remote Fulfillment you must:
- Turn on Remote Fulfillment for the Location in Manager - Make sure the location has Enable Cloud Fulfillment turned on.
- Choose which station should manage network printing in your location - Bypass recommends having only one station managing your network printing. Ensure that one terminal is logged in to the location, and Cloud Fulfillment is enabled. This device will control network printing for the location.
- Configure Print Devices - Make sure these terminal(s) have the correct fulfillment devices configured on the devices page. If not, these terminals will not know where to send the fulfillment.
The terminal you choose will process all orders regardless of what device the order is placed on, even if the devices are mobile devices.
Note: For an order from a mobile register to show up on a KDS one terminal per location must enable cloud fulfillment. THE REGISTER MUST BE ON AND LOGGED IN TO PROCESS CLOUD FULFILLMENTS (using Server Station for fulfillment is unsupported due to an auto-log out feature).
Additionally, we recommend against multiple remote fulfillment devices because of the configuration complexity. If you do use multiple remote fulfillment devices, make sure the fulfillment configurations on the devices are exactly the same (same printers added, same KDS added, and same print groups per order source).
Configuring the Location
To configure a location to use remote fulfillment navigate to POS Manager > Locations in manager.bypassmobile.com.
Click on an Existing Location, or you can create a new location by clicking the green Create button in the top right.
Under the Receipt and Fulfillment Settings, check the Enable remote fulfillment box.
Configuring the Register
Devices must remain logged in and online in order to receive the remote orders. Pick one device that can remain logged in during business hours.
To get started with configuring a register to be a cloud fulfillment device, login to the register, and select the location you configured in the previous step.
On the Home Screen, tap on the settings icon in the bottom left.
Then tap on the Enable Cloud Fulfillment option.
Any mobile registers on the same network can use this device to send orders to a Kitchen Display System. For more info on configuring a KDS stay tuned as we update our knowledge base. Only one terminal per location can have this setting turned on.
Configure Print Devices
Add a Network Printer/KDS
If you haven't added a KDS or Network printer follow these steps. If this device already has a wireless printing device you can continue to the next step.
On the Register screen, navigate to the devices page.
To add a network printer, navigate to the printer section. Tap the green Plus Icon and either view all printers on the same network or manually enter the IP address.
To add a KDS, navigate to the Kitchen Display Systems section. Tap the green Plus Icon and choose Auto-detect to display all KDS on the same network or manually enter the IP address.
Configure Print Groups
On the register, navigate to the Devices page and tap the appropriate Print Groups for each printer they will print to.
- Register Routing Groups will print for any orders made with the register app
- Kiosk Routing Groups will print for any orders made in Kiosk
- Remote Routing Groups will print for any orders made remotely