Data Explorer allows you to create custom reports based on metrics you select.In order to obtain access to the feature, venues need to contact their Customer Success Manager in order to have the feature enabled at their venue.
- Navigate to Data Explorer
- User Management
- How to Create Reports
- How to Save Reports
- How to Create a Dashboard
- How to Create a Custom Field
Navigate to Data Explorer
Once enabled, Data Explorer is located below the Reports module.
You may use Roles and Permissions to permit or prohibit use of the feature.
1. Navigate to Labor > Roles.
2. Click the Role you'd like to edit.
3. On the Venue tab, scroll down to Data Explorer (below Reports).
4. Toggle on Data Explorer to give access to any Administrator that has this role assigned.
How to Create Reports
1. Click Start Exploring
2. From the drop down menu, select the category you would like to explore. Scroll down to view more categories.
3. Click Explore.
4. On the left, click the metrics you'd like to add to your report. You may select data points from different tables within the same Explore to create your Report. You may also search for the field you'd like to explore.
5. At the top, click add a filter to add relevant filters to your report.
6. Once you've selected the metrics and filters you'd like to see, click Run.
7. The raw data will populate by default in a table format.
8. Optional: Open the Visualization section to present the data in the way that is most useful to you.
9. Optional: Save the report you just created by following the steps in the next section.
How to Save Reports:
1. Click the cog icon that sits to the right of the Run button.
2. Click Save.
3. Add your report to a Dashboard.
- If this is the first time you are saving a report, click As a new dashboard which will store your report. Follow the steps outlined in the next section How to Create a Dashboard.
- For saving all future reports, click to an existing dashboard to save it to your existing Dashboard.
- You may create as many Dashboards as you want in order to organize the data in the way that suits your needs.
How to Create a Dashboard:
1. Give your Dashboard a title.
2. Select the Folder you'd like to save the Dashboard to.
- Clover Sport does not advise saving the Dashboard to My Folder.
- Recommended: Saving the Dashboard to a Shared Folder will make it visible to anyone at the venue that has access to Data Explorer.
3. Click Save.
How to Create a Custom Field
Once you've added at least one metric to your report, you may create your own Custom Field by using LookML syntax. Please note: you must know LookML syntax to use this feature.
1. Under Custom Fields, select Add (green) then click Table Calculation.
2. Once you've selected the Calculation and written your expression, give your Custom Field a Name.
3. Click Save.
Your Custom Field now appears as a metric you can add to your report.