Custom Tenders are representations of tenders (think: coupons exchanged for drinks or meal vouchers) that can be accepted at your register as a payment method. This article will explain how to create and assign a Custom Tender to a Location and apply it at the checkout screen.
- How to Create a Custom Tender
- Enable a Custom Tender for a Location
- Apply a Custom Tender at the Checkout Screen
How to Create a Custom Tender
To create a new Custom Tender navigate to Configuration > Payment Configurations > Custom Tenders.
1. Click Create to create a new Custom Tender or click on an existing Custom Tender to edit it.
2. Type the Name of the Custom Tender as you want it to appear on the register. Then choose the amount you want it valued for. If you input a value, when you select that payment method at the checkout screen, it deducts that value from the overall balance.
- Alternatively, you may leave the amount blank which will create an open-priced custom tender. At the checkout screen, the cashier is prompted to input the value of the voucher.
3. Click Save.
Example of a Voucher with a Set Dollar Amount:
Example of a Voucher with an Open Price:
Once a Custom Tender is saved, it appears in the list alphabetically. Click on an existing Custom Tender to edit it.
Enable a Custom Tender for a Location
1. Navigate to POS Manager > Locations.
2. Click the Location you would like to edit.
3. Scroll down to the Payment and Checkout Settings.
4. Check the box next to each Payment Method that is accepted at the location.
5. Click Save.
Applying a Custom Tender at the Checkout Screen
Any enabled Payment Method will show on the tender screen.
If the Custom Tender has a preset amount, it will automatically deduct that amount from the balance:
If the Custom Tender has an open price, the cashier is prompted to input the dollar amount after selecting the voucher.
Use the number pad to enter in the desired value for the voucher.
Select SUBMIT when you are done entering your value.
Note the voucher being applied to the cart as shown in the bottom-left corner of the screen. In order to remove the voucher, you must void the order by hitting the back order on the top-left corner of the screen. Vouchers should be applied before closing to a house account when utilizing house accounts.