Bypass Bucks is our native solution for customer gift cards or Stored Value. This feature can be configured in Manager and can be used by customers at our Clover registers. Please see the features below to learn more about how to setup your Bypass Bucks and then be sure to head over to the Bypass Bucks - Redeem Guide for instructions on how your cashiers and customers will use Bypass Bucks.
Table of Contents:
Adding a Gift Card option in Manager
To see all of your existing Bypass Bucks cards, navigate to Bucks > Search.
Here you can search for all cards using a character that all cards may have in common. We recommend using the number “1” as a search term. Once the cards are retrieved you can any of the card information one at a time. If you would like to edit more than one card at a time, we recommend using the Import/Export feature. You can also run a Transaction Report for sales made using Bypass Bucks.
Note: You must use the search button to retrieve your cards, otherwise the screen will remain blank until you search.
Add New Card
To add a new card, navigate to Bucks > Add New Card. Here, you can enter the required information for the new card. Notice that you only need the last twelve digits of the card, the first 11 digits, which correspond to your venue, will be pre-populated for you.
- Name: the name of the cardholder or group (see note below)
- Number: the remaining 12 digits of the cards allocated to you
- Balance: the current monetary value you want pre-loaded onto the car (it can be a $0 amount)
- Start Date: the date the card becomes active
- End Date: the date the card becomes inactive
- Email: the email address of the cardholder
- Custom ID: any additional ID necessary, such as a Ticketmaster ID
- Category: if Bypass Bucks are available for multiple purposes, they can be categorized for searching and filtering
Note: To make your cards easier to search for, create group names such as "Employee Cards" rather than individual names.
To add multiple cards or if you need to setup a batch of new cards for the first time, simply navigate to Bucks > Allocate Cards. Here, you can enter the number of cards you would like to add and the system will automatically create them and assign numbers to them. You can then find them under the Search view.
NOTE: You Project Manager normally handles the Allocation process for you when activating Bypass Bucks so be sure to double check with them about card status before allocating new cards.
If you would like to edit card information for several or all cards at one time, including balances, we recommend navigating to Bucks > Import/Export and following the steps below:
- Click “Create a New Export” (this is to make sure it is up to date with all card info)
- Click “Download Most Recent Export”
- Click “Download Sample Import File” (this file is formatted according to system import requirements)
- Then copy all the information from your Export File over to the Sample Import File and make any desired edits. (Do not edit any of the column headers or you might encounter an upload error)
- Once your file is ready head back over to the Import/Export view, choose your new edited file under “File Name”, and click “Import”
Adding a Gift Card option in Manager
If you would like to be able to reload balances at the register, you will first have to configure a Gift Card menu item in Manager by completing the following steps:
- Create a new menu item and choose the Type as Gift Card
- Enter all other relevance info such as Menu Category, Reporting Group, Tax Group, etc..
- Save and attach item to all desired menus that need this feature
- Then you can use the reload feature as explained in the Bypass Bucks - Redeem Guide
NOTE: Gift Cards are limited to a maximum amount of $500 at a time. Any request to reload above that amount will result in an error. This applies to reloading at the device and in the Manager portal.