Starting August 31, 2021, all MTI devices–including Samsung, LG, and Asus tablets–will be placed into maintenance mode.
These devices will only receive critical bug fixes that impair critical point-of-sale functionality, including your ability to take payments, place orders, fulfill orders, update menus, and generate receipts.
On June 30, 2022, these devices will no longer receive any software and hardware support.
The following devices will enter Maintenance Mode on August 2021 and will no longer be supported by Bypass on June 2022. The affected devices are as follows:
- MTI Samsung Galaxy Tab A
- MTI Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- MTI Samsung Galaxy S3
- MTI Asus Memo Pad
- MTI LG G Pad
- MTI LG G Pad II
- MTI Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
- MTI Google/Asus Nexus 7
- MTI Samsung Galaxy S4
- MTI Samsung Galaxy Core Prime
- Ingenico IPP-350
What you can expect on all MTI devices after August 31, 2021:
- Support of critical functionality
- Continued customer support
- Bug fixes and security updates
- No access to new features
What you can expect on all MTI devices after June 30, 2022:
- No more Bypass software updates
1. What is critical functionality?
Critical functionality refers to the following core components of the Bypass POS products, in order of importance:
- Uptime - user not able to log in on the device
- Menu Publishing - menus do not update
- Ordering & Payment Workflows - cannot place an order, cannot capture payments (Cash, Credit, Debit, existing SV, and existing Loyalty) in Bypass systems.
- Fulfillment Workflows - cannot print orders to network printers or send to KDS.
- Receipts Generation/Printing - cannot generate/print receipts
2. Do I need to upgrade my hardware?
No, you do not need to upgrade your hardware. However, after End of Support, we cannot guarantee that your hardware will work.
3. What kind of product support can I expect after the End of Support date?
- Live phone support will not be available for any issue on MTI devices after June 30, 2022.
- Ticket/email support will not be available for any issue on MTI devices after June 30, 2022.
- Support for the Bypass Manager (Web Portal) Product and the Clover hardware products will continue as normal via phone and ticket/email.
4. Will my device break at the end of support?
A: No. However:
- Bypass is not shipping any new device software to the impacted MTI devices.
- Bypass will fix any critical backend issues.
- It cannot be guaranteed there will not be any hardware issues.
5. What should I replace my hardware with?
- Station Pro for Terminals
- Flex 2 for handheld devices
6. How long will I have to RMA (returned materials authorization) by legacy device?
MTI devices will not be able to returned since they are beyond the warranty date.