The Employees section is used to manage the user accounts needed for logging into the various Bypass POS applications.
Navigate to Labor Employees.
To create a new Employee account,
- Click the Create button in the upper-right of the Employees page.
- On the Create Employee panel that appears, enter the Employee Information in the fields provided.
- When creating an Employee, you must select a Default Location and enter a Username, Password, and PIN for the account. View the sections below to learn more.
- It is also recommended to select a Role for the Employee account. For more information about Roles, review the Creating and Managing Roles article.
- Click the Save Employee button to create the employee account.
The Employee Information section includes some basic contact details for the Employee account.
All fields are optional except for Default Location. It is also recommended that a Role be set for the Employee account.
For more details on the listed fields, view the Creating and Managing Employees article.
The login information is what an Employee will use to log into the Access and Anywhere applications.
Editing the Login information on an Employee's account.
The Username and Password fields are used to allow an employee to log into the various Bypass POS applications.
A PIN is required for all Employee accounts regardless of the Role assigned.
Login Permissions control if the employee can log into a mobile device.
If the employee will be logging into a mobile device make sure that the Portables box is checked. If your venue uses the Clover Flex make sure Anywhere is checked.
Switching to portables mode on the flex can skip the in-seat ordering page.
Clients can track employee hours worked through clock-in / clock-out functionality on any Bypass Access or Anywhere device. Additionally, Employees can be assigned one or more jobs, each with an adjustable pay rate.
Adding a new Job to an Employee account
You can add new Jobs to an Employee's account within the Payroll section.
- Click the Add Job button in the right panel.
- Type in the name of the position into the Job field.
- Enter the Hourly rate for the position in the Pay Rate field.
- Click the Save button to add the position to the Employee's account.
- Repeat the above steps for any other duties/jobs performed by the Employee.
For more information on using the Time Clock feature, read the article on Using Time Clock in Bypass Manager.
To speed up the process for signing into the Bypass Access app, Administrators can assign User Cards to Employee accounts. This will allow employees and managers to swipe a card at the Bypass Access login screen instead of typing in their associated username and password.
In addition to this, Employees can also swipe their card instead of entering their PIN when prompted.
When a Card is assigned to an employee, details about the Card's unique identifier and its expiration date are listed.
|To add a User Card to an Employee account, all required fields must be filled out first.|
To assign a User Card to an Employee,
- Connect your card swiper to your computer.
- Click the Add User Card button to the right of the User Cards section of the right panel.
- When prompted, swipe / scan the user card.
- After scanning the card, select an Expiration Date using the drop-down menu.
- Click Save to complete adding the card to the Employee account.
The prompt that appears when scanning a card.
Edit an Existing Employee
If you need to update any information about an Employee's account, such as their Password or contact information, simply click the Employee Name on the left in the list of Employees.
Once you have made the necessary changes, click the Save button at the top of the panel.
Delete an Employee
It is not possible to delete Employee accounts. You can deactivate an Employee account instead.
- Click the Employee Name on the left in the list of Employees.
- Click the Active toggle to the Off (left) position
- Click the Save button to save the changes.