Menu Categories are used to organize items on the Menu. This article will explain what Menu Categories are and walk you through the steps to create them.
Table of Contents
Menu Categories Explained
One example of a Menu Category would be Coffee. Items like Coffee Decaf, Coffee Regular, and Latte all have the same Coffee Menu Category.
Above you will see an example of how Menu Categories will appear on the Kiosk. A customer is able to access information pertaining to Appetizers, Entrees, Sides, Drinks, and Specialties by tapping on them.
How to Create a Menu Category
The Menu Category will separate items into specific categories and also provide a shortcut to jump to that section quickly. To create Menu Categories, navigate to Categorization > Menu Categories in Bypass Manager.
1. Create a new Category by clicking Create.
2. Type the name of the Category.
3. Give the category the position you want it on the register. (Lower numbers will push it to the top and higher numbers to the bottom)
4. If this is a category for alcohol, you can limit the selection of these items by checking the Contains alcohol box.
5. Click Save.
6. Continue these steps until you have added all of your Menu Categories.