With the tax configuration options in Bypass, you are able to support nearly every tax situation that you may need to adhere to. You can assign any number of tax rates to an item and customize how those appear on the receipt.
A common use case for the multiple tax rates is Canadian customers. Some of the Canadian provinces are required to break their local and national taxes apart on receipts for their customers. In that case, you can configure the local tax rate and the national tax rate separately, include them on a single tax group and apply it to all of your items.
Breaking the taxes out on the receipt is optional. Using the Receipt Label feature, you can combine multiple rates together on the receipt under the same name while not losing the ability to report on them separately.
To start managing your Tax Groups, navigate to Configuration > Order Adjustments > Taxes in Bypass Manager.
Managing Tax Groups in Bypass Manager
Create a Tax Group
To create a new Tax Group,
- Click the New Tax Group button in the upper-right.
- Enter a Name to describe the group of discounts.
- (optional) Enter a Description of the group.
Creating a new group of Tax Rates
Any number of Tax Rates can be added to the group. To start adding Tax Rates,
- Fill in the requested information in the fields at the top of the Tax Rates section.
- For a list of definitions for the available fields, see the Tax Rates fields definitions at the end of this article.
- Click the Add button to add the Tax Rate.
- Repeat if any additional Tax Rates need to be added to the group.
Once all the information has been filled out, click the Save Tax Group button.
Adding Tax Rates to a Tax Group
Edit a Tax Group
If you ever need to make any changes to a Tax Group, simple click the Edit link to the right of a Tax Group.
After making any changes, click the Save Tax Group button.
Edit a Tax Rate within a Tax Group
To adjust a Tax Rate,
- Click the Edit link to the right of a Tax Group.
- In the list of Tax Rates at the bottom, click the Edit link to the right of the Tax Rate to edit.
- Make the needed changes to the Tax Rate as needed.
- Click the Done button to the right.
- Click the Save Tax Group button to save the changes.
Editing a Tax Rate in a Tax Group
Tax Rates fields
|Tax Rate Name||Name of the tax rate. (Name will also be displayed on the receipt.)|
|Receipt Label||Name that appears on receipt.|
|Tax Rate %||Amount of Tax Rate.|