A Surcharge Group allows you to set up a grouping of surcharges that can be referenced across Bypass Manager. These are most commonly used in suites and premium areas. Surcharges are commonly multiple fees that are automatically applied to every order. You can apply a default set of surcharges to a whole venue, a Location, a Suite Account, or even a Booking.
Sep 20, 2017•Knowledge
To start managing your Surcharge Groups, navigate to Configuration > Order Adjustments > Surcharges in Bypass Manager.
Managing Surcharges in Bypass Manager
Create a Surcharge Group
To create a new Surcharge Group,
- Click the New Surcharge Group button in the upper-right.
- Enter a Name to describe the group of discounts.
- (optional) Enter a Description of the group.
Creating a new group of surcharges
Any number of surcharges can be added to the group. To start adding surcharges,
- Fill in the requested information in the fields at the top of the Surcharges section.
- For a list of definitions for the available fields, see the Surcharges fields definitions at the end of this article.
- Click the Add button to add the surcharge.
- Repeat if any additional surcharges need to be added to the group.
|NOTE: When adding a percentage-based surcharge, only whole numbers may be used. Percentages with a decimal are not allowed.|
Once all the information has been filled out, click the Save Surcharge Group button.
Adding surcharges to a Surcharge Group
Edit a Surcharge Group
If you ever need to make any changes to a Surcharge Group, simple click the Edit link to the right of a Surcharge Group.
After making any changes, click the Save Surcharge Group button.
Edit a Surcharge within a Surcharge Group
To adjust a surcharge,
- Click the Edit link to the right of a Surcharge Group.
- In the list of Surcharges at the bottom, click the Edit link to the right of the Surcharge to edit.
- Make the needed changes to the surcharge as needed.
- Click the Done button to the right.
- Click the Save Surcharge Group button to save the changes.
Editing a Surcharge in a Surcharge Group
|Surcharge Name||Name of the surcharge. (Name will also be displayed on the receipt.)|
|Amount||Amount of surcharge.|
|% / $||Unit of the surcharge. (Percentage or Dollar value.)|
|In Seat||If checked, surcharge will be applied to orders that have a Service Location.|
|Walk Up||If checked, surcharge will be applied to orders without a Service Location.|
|Tax Group||Select Tax Group if the surcharge has a tax rate. (Leave unselected if there is no tax.)|