Inventory Categories are used to help organize your Stock Items for reporting purposes. Once categorized, you will be able to sort and filter Inventory reports in the Reports section of Bypass Manager.
Inventory Categories can be found under Configuration > Categorization in the left sidebar navigation in Bypass Manager.
Managing Inventory Categories in Bypass Manager
Creating an Inventory Category
To create a new Inventory Category,
- Click the Create Inventory Category button
- In the field that appears at the top of the category list, type in a Name for the new category.
- Click the green Checkmark icon to save the new category.
Creating a new Inventory Category
Editing an Inventory Category
If you need to rename a category at any time,
- Click the Edit link to the right of a category.
- In the field that appears, type in the new name for the category.
- Click the green Checkmark icon to save the changes.
Editing a category inline in the Inventory Categories table.
Deleting an Inventory Category
If an Inventory Category is no longer needed, you can delete the category.
|WARNING: Once an Inventory Category is deleted, it cannot be recovered and its name can no longer be used.|
|NOTE: Deleting an Inventory Category will not delete the Stock Items in it. However, it is recommended you reassign any Stock Items to a new category before you delete the category.|
To delete a category,
- Click the Delete link to the right of a category.
- If Stock Items exist in the category, a dialog will appear providing you with a list of Stock Items that will be affected by the deletion.
- To confirm the deletion of the category, click the Delete button in the lower-right.
A warning will appear when deleting an Inventory Category if it has Stock Items in it.
Assigning an Inventory Category to a Stock Item
Once you have created your categories, you can then link the categories to your Stock Items. For more information, visit the article Creating and Managing Stock Items.