The Labor settings page allows for a simple way for employee information to sync with employee management integrations like 7shifts.
Labor Settings can be found under Configuration > Labor Settings using the left side navigation bar.
Creating a 7Shifts configuration:
- Click Create
- From the Name drop down select 7Shifts
- Input the 7Shifts company API key* into the revealed API key field
- Click Submit
- The API key will be hidden and a location drop down will be displayed. These are the locations in 7Shifts for that account.
- Click on the drop down and find and click on the 7Shifts location that you want to map the bypass venue to.
- To change the location, simply click on the “x” to the right of the location name and select a new one from the drop down.
- Click Save
Upon configuring a venue to 7Shifts (mapping a venue to a 7Shifts location), any current users will be attempted to be synced over.
Users that do not exist in 7Shifts will be created and users that do already exists will be linked with the bypass employee who's email matches.
When changing the location a venue is mapped to, that location change will also happen in 7shifts for any employees currently linked for that venue.
How to delete a labor settings configuration:
- Select the current 7Shifts configuration, opening up the panel to edit.
- Click on the overflow menu (3 dots) to the right of the save button.
- Click Delete and then click Delete again in the confirmation box.
When deleting a mapping, the integration services will update any currently linked employees removing the users from the location in 7Shifts.
Creating/Updating a bypass employee when a venue is integrated with 7Shifts:
- Same process as usual, but Employee Name and Email fields are required.
- Any changes are instantly reflected in 7Shifts.
- The Name, Email, Phone Number, Pin fields are sent when updating an employee.
- 7Shifts needs names, emails, and pins to be unique in order to create the employee. If one of these fields are in use it will prompt with an error message.
- If the employee already exist in 7shifts following error message will be displayed - An employee with that email address already exists in 7Shifts.
- If the employee is marked inactive in 7shifts the following error message will be displayed - This employee is marked inactive in your 7Shifts account
Example Gifs Below
Creating a Labor Setting
Editing a Labor Setting
Creating an Employee
Editing an Employee
If an employee already exist in 7shifts (or if they are inactive) it will return with an error