Bypass tracks inventory by associating a stock item or recipe with a menu item. In this guide, you will discover how to make the connections between stock items and recipes to menu items. To learn more about creating Stock Items or Recipes click here.
Table of contents
To connect any created stock items and recipes we can attach them to menu items. Navigate to POS Manager Items.
Find the item you want to track in inventory and click the Edit button.
When editing your item, look for the Inventory tab in the top right on the window. Here you can choose how you track inventory with this item.
Do not track in inventory - Default for all items. Bypass will not track this item.
Track a single stock item - Used to track individual items. As an example, you can follow a bag of chips item with a bag of chips stock item.
Track a collection of stock items or recipes - Used for recipes tracking. If an item has multiple stock items use this option.
Track a single stock item
Click on the inventory tab of the item that you want to track. In this example, we will track a bag of chips that will only have one stock item associated with it.
1. Click the Track a single stock item option.
2. Click Edit Stock Item.
3. To add an existing stock item, click the green plus button. You can also create a new stock item here.
4. Type the name of the stock item in the text box. Be sure to set the correct unit of measurement in the units tab.
5. Once finished click Save.
Track a collection of stock items or recipes
For all recipes, we will use the Track a collection of stock items or recipes.
To add the recipe to the item:
1. In the recipe, section type the name of your recipe. The associated stock items will show up below.
2. You can edit your recipe if needed, however, if you do it will affect all items using that recipe.
3. Once finished, click Update.