Roles are designed to grant or prevent access for employees and administrators. For example, a Cashier might be able to ring up transactions but not be able to open the cash drawer while a manager will have access to the cash drawer.
Creating a New Role
To create a role navigate to Labor Roles
1. Click the Create button in the upper-right of the Roles page. This will open the Create Role panel.
2. Type the Name of the Role (Cashier or Manager for example)
3. Then assign the permissions for that role.
To simplify managing levels of access across all Bypass platforms, Roles can be assigned to both Administrators (Venue) and Employees (POS). Only Administrators can log in to Bypass Manager and only Employees can log in to Access and Anywhere.
Permissions can be disabled for a group (bold text) or individual permission by clicking the toggle to the Off (left) position.
For more information on the various permissions, you can assign it to Administrators and Employees. To learn more check out the article Roles Permissions.
Assigning a Role to an Administrator or Employee
For details on assigning a Role to an Administrator account in Manager, see the article Creating and Managing Administrators.
For assignment of Roles to Employee accounts, review the Creating and Managing Employees article.
Editing a Role
If any point you need to edit the permissions of a role, you can edit it.
- In the list of Roles, click the Pencil icon () to the right of a Role.
- Follow the directions in the Assigning Permissions to a Role section of this article to update any permissions.
- Click the Save button at the top of the panel to save any changes.