A Recipe is a collection of Stock Items grouped together on a recipe card. In other words, it is a Stock Item that is made from other Stock Items.
To manage your recipes, navigate to Inventory > Recipes in Bypass Manager.
Managing Recipes in Bypass Manager
Creating a New Recipe
To create a new Recipe,
- Click the New Recipe button in the upper-right.
- Type in a name for the recipe into the Recipe Name field.
- Click the Plus icon to the left of Stock Item to add an item to the recipe.
- Search for a Stock Item to add by typing in its name into the field provided.
- In the Qty field, type in the number of the stock item used in the recipe.
- In the Units column, select the Unit of Measure from the drop-down menu.
- Repeat the Steps 4 - 7 until all Stock Items have been added to the recipe.
- Select at least least one stock item to be marked as Chargeable.
- Once all items have been added, click the Save button.
Creating a new Recipe
Add a New Stock Item to a Recipe
If an item in the recipe has not been added to the inventory,
- Click the Create New link to the right of Stock Item to add a new item.
- In the New Stock Item dialog that appears, fill out the fields displayed.
- Click the Save button when completed.
- The new Stock Item will be added to the Recipe.
For more information about creating a Stock Item, review the Creating a Stock Item article.
Add an Existing Recipe to a New Recipe
If you already have a Recipe created, you can duplicate its ingredients into your new Recipe.
When creating a New Recipe,
- Click the Plus icon to the left of Recipe.
- Search for a Recipe to add by typing in its name into the field provided.
- In the Qty field, type in the number of times the Recipe should be used in the new Recipe.
You can mix Stock Items and Recipes when creating a new Recipe.
Editing a Recipe
To edit a Recipe, click the Edit link to the right of a Recipe in the list of Recipes.
You can then use the steps outlined in the section Creating a New Recipe above to make any necessary changes to your Recipe.
Deleting a Recipe
|WARNING: When a Recipe is deleted, it cannot be recovered and its name can no longer be used.|
If you have a Menu Item attached to this Recipe, the Menu Item will not be removed but Inventory for the Menu Item will no longer be tracked.
- In the list of Recipes, click the Delete link to the right of the Recipe to delete.
- In the confirmation dialog that appears, click the Delete button.
Deleting a Recipe
Performing an Audit on Ingredients
If you need a list of the Ingredients (Stock Items) used in your Recipes, you can perform an Ingredient Audit to generate a report listing this information.
- Click the Ingredients Audit button in the upper-right.
- A CSV file will be generated containing idididid
- Click the Download CSV file button once the file has been generated to save it to your computer.
Sample report generated when performing an Ingredient Audit