Inventory Transfers are performed when you need to move Stock Items from one location to another. Usually, you will perform a transfer when moving Stock Items from your Warehouse to a Stand, or when replenishing a Stand during an event.
Table of Contents
To create an Inventory Transfer, navigate to Inventory > Transfers in Bypass Manager.
Open Transfer vs Closed Transfer
Before creating a Transfer Request, you may want to familiarize yourself with the difference between an Open Transfer and a Closed Transfer.
If you would like the receiving location to count and verify the items received, click the Create Open Transfer button. This will remove the counts from the source location but will not add the counts to the destination location yet.
Once received at the destination location you will be able to close the transfer.
Creating a Closed Transfer will automatically remove the stock counts from the source location and add them to the destination. No verification if needed before counts are removed or added from either location.
Creating a New Transfer
To start a transfer of inventory,
- Click the Create Transfer button in the upper-right.
- Fill in the fields requested on the New Transfer page.
- For more information on the definitions of each field, see the Definitions section below.
- Select a Stock Item to add to the transfer from the Add a Stock Item menu.
- To add all items from the Source location, click the Add All button.
- Enter the number of the Stock Item that was sent to the Destination location in the Sent field.
- To send all available quantities of the selected Stock Items, click the Send All button.
- Once all Stock Items have been added, click the Create Open Transfer or Create Closed Transfer button.
Stock Item Count Indicators
To the left of a Stock Item is a color indicator related to the counts of the item at the Source location.
Green indicates the stock item can be brought to par while Red indicates a shortage of product available to transfer at the source.
Be sure to take note of these indicators as you are adding Stock Items to your transfer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I backdate a transfer?
Yes, you can change the date it was sent to be in the past.
Can I schedule a transfer to happen in the future?
No, we don't currently support scheduled transfers.
What determines the stock items in the dropdown?
All stock items from the source location will be on the list.